Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Trip to Hoboken



Friday was my birthday. Yes, Friday the 13th! Thank goodness I'm not superstitious. Or as Michael from The Office says "I'm not superstitious. I'm a little stitious." For my birthday we went to Hoboken, NJ, which is across the Hudson River from Midtown, NYC!



On the way to Hoboken, I got to see Lady Liberty in the distance. She is one of my favorite things about NYC. Such a great beauty on her own island overlooking the city.

Once in Hoboken, we immediately past Carlo's Bake Shop. Also known as the Cake Boss show's bakery! We had been told that the wait to get in could be about 2 hours. Luckily, Friday the 13th was actually lucky for me, I pulled a number and I was only 7th in line. We got lobster tails, eclairs, pignoli amaretti, italian butter cookies and macaroons.



After getting our giant box of goodies from Carlo's, we went to the Frank Sinatra Drive and looked at the beautiful city scape from Hoboken and then had dinner at 3 Forty Grill. I was dying for some crab cakes and they did not disappoint! This place had a very cool vibe and really fun mood lighting.

On our way back to the car, we decided to walk the long way back and several times we saw a guy dressed up like Michael Jackson riding his bicycle around with music playing from speakers on his bike and he got off his bike at a bus stop and started dancing. It was too funny. I actually got it on tape! Check out this youtube link!

It was a great birthday and I hope this year brings many more adventures on the east coast!



“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”
~Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment