Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Good bye to Aloha Time

My freckles say Aloha.



Got home from Kaua'i a couple weeks ago and I missed it as soon as I got on the plane. Kaua'i is such a gorgeous place to be. Such a laid back life, I think the highest speed limit is 50mph.



My beach bag from Target included: lots of hawaiian tropic spf and neutrogena spf for the face, a bathing suit cover up that I also got at Target, my brand new ipod shuffle (it's pretty awesome and so compact), the book that I was reading (Water For Elephants = amazing!), sunglasses, hair ties and barrettes (not to be confused with berets or barettas, lol) and of course lip gloss!



I packed 4 pairs of shoes...but I can never have enough shoes. I had a pair of flip flops for the pool, tennis shoes (or as they say on the east coast...SNEAKERS) and two pairs of wedges that are a little more dressy.



One thing I love about Hawaii is that I can just go out with a little liner, mascara and gloss and wear very little coverup and show off my freckles!



It was a great trip with my family. I enjoy any time that I spend with my family. We went to the beach almost every day, did a little shopping and had some great food as well as doing a tubing trip down the aqueducts that were created for the sugar cane farms many years ago. I strive everyday to Live Aloha (Aloha in the Hawaiian language means affection, love, peace, compassion and mercy. definition from wikipedia)

As the Hawaiians say, Hele me kahau 'oli -- go with joy.
~ Gilbert M. Grosvenor

No comments:

Post a Comment