Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Philadelphia Story

I went to visit my friends in Philadelphia this weekend. My one friend, who is pregnant, lives there and I took the 1.5 hour drive down and my other friend drove from Pittsburgh. It was fun, we met at King of Prussia Mall and enjoyed a lunch at Legal Sea Foods. I got the crab roll and my friends got the lobster roll and I have to say I should have ordered the lobster roll. It was good though.

Then we walked around that gigantic mall! We played around in Sur La Table, where I bought some pretty napkins that were on sale and a jar of one of my favorite jams from Stonewall Kitchen, called Raspberry Peach Champagne. Doesn't it just sound wonderful?


My friends bought BBQ stuff, which just made me that much more excited about summer. After walking around the mall for a bit my pregnant friend had to go home and lay down. So my other friend and I headed to our hotel room in the city. I have to say there are so many one way streets it can get confusing. But isn't that how every city is?

We finally got our hotel room and then we were off in search of South Street. Which ended up not being too far. We did a lot of walking this weekend, but it we stayed in Center City so it made everything really close. It was fun because we got to know the area. My favorite was the Historic District near the Water front.






For dinner we went to The Continental Mid-town. We got two tapas (which were way bigger than what I consider tapas.) We got the lobster mac n cheese which was divine. We also go the Philly cheese steak egg rolls which were good as well. I didn't get a chance to take pictures because we started eating right away.


They have really good martinis in all different flavors.




During the day, we walked to the Reading Terminal Market.


I bought these lovely chocolate covered pretzels, that I came to love when I used to live in Pittsburgh. I had to get the Easter basket because I thought it was so colorful.


It was a really fun weekend. I need to take another trip there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment