Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Not as connected

A couple of weeks ago I decided to deactivate my Facebook account. At first I kind of had to say, oh wait I deactivated so I can't look at Facebook anymore, but after a while I had completely forgot about it. But then I got texts from people asking what happened to me and that they didn't see me on Facebook and wanted to know if I was still alive! I mean I've been on that website for almost 10 years...yeeesh. I do miss seeing peoples pictures, but I don't miss people's complaints and random thoughts. In the long term it was just a time waster. The people I do keep in touch with are going to contact me or see me in person. I have to admit there are some people that I don't get to see as much as I want to that I still care about but time and distance make it hard to keep in touch.

Overall I have to say I DO NOT miss Facebook, I've never been into twitter. Instagram is fun but it's take it or leave it.

I'm not saying that I'm trying to get anyone else to do the same, it's just what was right for me and I still have my sanity. I guess I was a little bombarded by the fact that every company wanted me to "like" their page or all the ads on Facebook seemed to know what I would search for online.

How do you feel about social media? I think there are pros and cons to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment