Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Back from the Midwest

I just got back from a trip to the Mid-West. Almost every year I go back to visit extended family and to see the fireworks on the lake. It was SUPER HOT! I don't think I remember a summer where it was pushing 100 degrees everyday.

I wanted to share some pictures this week from my trip. Today I think I'll share some sunset pictures. I always love looking at the pictures, brings me back to the lake.
This was the first night's sunset. It was a beautiful sunset although the water wasn't calm, it got windy every night when the sun went down, but I guess that's normal if the temps go down at night.
All zoomed in like.
Birds flying at sunset.
This was the next day, the moon was orange and I loved it but couldn't get a close up of it.
This day the water was a lot calmer, I love when the suns reflection hits the water and has a trail of color.
This was the last sunset I saw before leaving. If you notice all those clouds, it rained later that night...like poured with lots of lightning! It was actually nice because the temperature dropped.

It's always sad to leave the lake, but it's better to leave on a high note, right? Right.
If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God. ― G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment