Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Catching Fire

Catching Fire is the next in the Hunger Games Series. I bought the book about a week after I had read the last book.
I just finished the book last night and I have to say it is really good, but it doesn't really have an ending like the first book. It pretty much sets you up for the next book. Which means... I need to go to the bookstore today and get the next book! I have to say I wasn't really expecting what happened in the second book but I feel like I'm left hanging right now.


I suggest the closer you get to the end of the second book you may want to order or pick up the third book of The Hunger Games series, Mockingjay.



Other than reading this weekend I had a pretty good weekend. I watched the movie Letters to Juliet and I really liked it. I enjoy almost every movie that takes place in Italy. I thought the characters were endearing. I actually decided to write my own letter to Juliet, is that corny of me?

I didn't watch the Academy Awards last night because I just don't have the patience for award shows. But I'm glad to hear that Meryl Streep won an Oscar for Best Actress, she is one of my favorites. Although I thought if she didn't win I wanted Viola Davis, because I just love The Help. I'm glad to hear Octavia Spencer won for Best Supporting Actress. That's another book I definitely recommend, The Help.

I did watch Celebrity Apprentice, I like so many people on this season. I think I like more of the celebrities on the men's team so I always end up rooting for them in each task that they do. I was kind of upset to see who got kicked off last night because I wanted to see more of who she was and what she was like, I think she is intriguing. Maybe I can just read her book...or watch about her on the History Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment