Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras!

Happy Fat Tuesday! I've had my Fat Sunday and Monday, so today I'm back to healthy. I love long weekends, however this one wasn't as good on my waistline! I don't really celebrate Mardi Gras, but if I was in New Orleans I would have the fun mask with feathers and green and purple and tons of beads. Although I'm not a flasher, so I'd have to probably buy my own beads, haha.



I am not Catholic, however I do want to give up something for this Lent time. (Lent is the time between Ash Wednesday, which is tomorrow, and Easter Sunday. During this time Jesus was in the wilderness and fasted for 40 days. This is the 40 days Christians today use to give up something. In ancient times they would give up all animals products except for fish. But today it is much more relaxed, it would usually be something like alcohol, dessert or red meat. I usually like to revisit my New Year's resolutions as well as give up something that is a little more difficult for me.) I will let you know tomorrow what I plan on giving up, I still haven't decided. Are you giving up anything for Lent or would like to?


Even if you're not a Christian during this time you can devote a little alone time to meditate or do some calm breathing and a couple of yoga poses for a month. It can't hurt!
By the way, I personally love yoga, it is so calming and centering and the breathing brings down your blood pressure and can help reduce your heart rate.

Whatever you plan to do in the next month and half I hope you are physically, mentally and spiritually healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment