Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Rainy Friday

It's a rainy Friday here in New Jersey. I have to say I love rain. It makes the air feel so fresh. Although I have to say it's been getting warmer and warmer and I was enjoying the beautiful day yesterday.

I remember when I was in college my roommate and I ran around in the rain and danced around and the campus police thought we were drunk, haha. Even to this day we talk about that, it's such a fun memory. I remember my jeans sticking to my body and weighing down. I definitely recommend dancing in the rain one day of your life.

And I just found this quote...
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown


So I guess since spring is coming upon us soon I should probably look into some rubber boots and a good umbrella I'm liking the way these boots look...

I'm having a difficult time finding an umbrella I like. Everything that I've found is from London. Maybe I just need to take a trip across the pond to get a new umbrella...no? not a good idea? Jolly good time! And then I can practice my British accent. I could really go for a spot of tea. Speaking of tea, Starbucks used to have a drink called London Fog that I loved. I'm sure you can still order it, it's probably not up on the board though. It's an Earl Grey Latte with vanilla syrup. I personally ask for fewer pumps of vanilla syrup because I just don't like my tea too sweet. It's a great drink for a rainy day. I may just have to make a short trip to Starbucks.

While I was doing a google search for a picture of an Earl Grey Latte, I came across a picture of an Earl Grey Macaron. Macarons are my favorite, I especially love the pistachio flavor. Unfortunately the place is in Los Angeles and I'm not planning on going to LA anytime soon. (The place is called Bottega Louie in case you find yourself close to LA and want a macaron.) (FYI every time I write macaron the spell check wants to change it to macaroni...sometimes spell check is not your friend.)

Another rainy day thing that I like to do is watch one of the Harry Potter movies. I don't know why but I just love the mood of those movies on rainy days.

So what are your favorite rainy day things to do? What is your go to outfit on a rainy day...or what would you like it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment