Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Hunger Games

I read The Hunger Games last week. I had heard about the book about 2 months ago but really didn't think anything of it because it was labeled a teen book. More recently I heard there was a movie coming out about The Hunger Games and it made me take a second look. I figured then that I did, after all, read every single Harry Potter book even though that was considered a children's book. I loved each Harry Potter book and every book just kept getting better. That's when I decided to buy the first book of The Hunger Games series. I have to say as soon as I started it I couldn't stop reading and finished the book in less than a week.


I love the main character, Katniss, she's a protective older sister and I can definitely relate to that being an older sister myself.
The story is about Panem, where the Capitol controls all 12 Districts. Two teens from each district are put in the Hunger Games, one boy and one girl, where they must battle to survive. It's action, suspense and a little romance as well. I don't want to give too much of the story, but check it out next time you're at the book store. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have.

I have started the next book, Catching Fire, and I'll let you know what I think of the second book. I am a few chapters in and I am impressed with the story so far. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment