Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

California Tea

California tea...also know as Arnold Palmer, is one of my favorite warm weather beverages. I've always ordered it as an Arnold Palmer, but the other day I was watching the Food Network, I'm a little bit addicted to that channel, and they were making California tea. I thought this was funny, being that I'm from California and I always order this and when I went to lunch with my friend the other day they looked at me and laughed when I ordered it. To which I said, "what?" and they're reply was, "you're the only person I know who orders that, must be a California thing." Sometimes it takes other people pointing things out for them to come our attention.
Basically the drink it half lemonade and half unsweetened iced tea (black tea.) If you'd like to make it, here's the link to the recipe. If you want to order it from Starbucks, it's called a Black Tea Lemonade (BTL) and you can get it sweetened or unsweetened. You can also get the lemonade mixed with green tea or passion tea. Makes me think of when I was a kid, my grandma would make sun tea, which is when she'd take a clear glass container and fill it with water and put all the tea bags in and set it in the sun and let the sun heat the water. I always thought this was the coolest idea. I'm not sure if this is a mid-west thing.
Is it tea time?

No comments:

Post a Comment