Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings

Last week I watched a show on Food Network by Tyler Florence and he was making Chicken and Dumplings. It looked so good it made my mouth water. You know these cooking shows make everything look so easy. Of course they're organized to a T so that they can do the show and I always seem to forget that when I take on some of these recipes. But then again I'm not exactly choosing the simple recipes! Its not fun unless you're getting everything dirty.
I started out by making my own chicken broth...can you believe that? Cause I can't! I actually made chicken broth. I found a recipe that used a whole chicken and I used everything it told me to except for a turnip, maybe next time I take this on I'll get a turnip. I let the chicken broth cool over night and skimmed off all the fat.
The next day I made the roux and poured in the chicken broth that I had made and started on making the dumplings. On the episode I saw he added chives to the dumplings to that is what I did. But I did forget to get frozen pearl onions and frozen peas, which I will definitely do next time.
In the end though everything came together and all I needed was a little salt and freshly cracked pepper and it was delicious! I did a great job if I do say so myself!
And the pups just took naps until they smelled me adding the chicken and then they all stared at me hoping something might drop. I'll have to get a picture of them watching me next time. Here is the recipe that I mostly followed. Maybe I'll try a Paula Deen recipe next. I just love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment