Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Hawaiian Morning

I woke up this morning wanting to listen to Hawaiian music, luckily I had purchased a cd from Starbucks last year called Mele O Hawaii. I've really enjoyed the song choices on this cd.
1 Israel Kamakawiwo'ole – White Sandy Beach 2 Jake Shimabukuro – While My Guitar Gently Weeps Written-By – George Harrison 3 Willie K – You Ku'uipo 4 Amy Hanaiali'i & Willie K – Hale'iwa Hula 5 Palani Vaughan – Ka Mamakakaua 6 Kohala – Deeper Blue 7 Taj Mahal & Hula Blues, The* – Moonlight Lady 8 Sean Na'auao – Ka Ipo Lei Manu 9 Hapa – He'eia 10 Gabby Pahinui – Blue Hawaiian Moonlight 11 Dennis Kamakahi & David Kamakahi – Ulili E 12 Sonny Chillingworth – Liloa's Mele 13 Justin* – E Kailua E 14 Keali'i Reichel – Kawaipunahele 15 Brother Noland – Are You Native?
I know it's still sold on Amazon, but if you want to get the songs individually from iTunes here is the list on this cd. I've been to Kauai several times and I love that island, but I'm not as familiar with the other islands. I would love to explore the other islands. I would show you pictures but my laptop is currently unusable...no good. Luckily I posted some pictures on Facebook.
I bought a white flowered hyacinth at the grocery store that smells a lot like my favorite Hawaiian flower, plumeria. I just love the smell of plumeria, it smells wonderful.
They look similar...sort of...
Maybe I should watch Lilo & Stitch, Blue Hawaii or 50 First Dates to satisfy my Hawaiian craving this morning. If you were making a movie, wouldn't you just say it was supposed to be set in Hawaii so you can spend a couple months there?! "It is crucial that this scene be shot on the beach today...everyone wear sandals."
Maybe I should order a Hawaiian pizza for lunch, although truthfully I could do without the ham and just stick with pineapple and cheese. I think New Yorkers would think I was crazy! haha Maybe they already think that though.
The best pineapple you will ever eat is grown in Hawaii, it's so sweet and juicy, I can't stop eating it when I'm there. That's why you see people get off the plane from Hawaii carrying pineapples, they're just as addicted as I am!
I just realized maybe I'm "craving Hawaii" because I got a postcard on Friday from my friend who had just been there. Funny how these things get into our mind and stay there.
Well back to surfing...

No comments:

Post a Comment